Stonevoice Translator is a general-purpose localization tool initially developed to help with the translation of the Stonevoice Application Suite, and now available to the Open Source community. It is free, released under the GNU General Public License (GPL).
- Support for text and binary formats
- Generic INI-Like files (*.ini)
- Inno Setup messages (*.isl)
- FlaskMPEG/BSplayer-Like (*.flask;*.lng)
- ASP/VBScript "Variable = String" (*.dat.asp)
- Sounds (*.wav)
- Images (*.gif;*.jpg;*.bmp;*.ico)
- Groups of files to be localized (*.svt)
- Organize strings in an easily browsable hierarchical
Special comments in the localizable files allow the original authors to group strings together at different levels.
- Translation notes
Special comments in the localizable files are parsed by Stonevoice Translator and allow the original authors to add custom translation notes to each string or group of strings.
- Import and review old translations
A previous version of a localized file can be opened and compared to the new reference and translation, or automatically imported.
- Reuse old phrases using the "dictionary" (*.dix)
Entire phrases, already translated, can be automatically suggested; they are clearly marked as such. If the same reference phrase has been previously translated in multiple ways, the most used alternative is suggested first, but the user can choose another alternative.
- Consistency checks
During translation, inconsistencies in capitalization and "decorations" (e.g. ending dots, spaces or other symbols) can be detected and reported.
- Mark strings for easy revision and verification
You can mark strings with the "verified" and "to be verified" flags. This information is saved in a "tagfile" (*.tgf) near the translated file.
A more detailed features overview is available in the documentation.
The complete documentation is available online:
The documentation is also installed in the downloadable package.
The following files are available for download:
- SvTranslator-2.2.1-setup.exe (about
Stonevoice Translator 2.2.1 self-installing package. Includes:
- Executable file
- VB6 runtime
- SvTranslator-2.2.1-source.zip (about
Stonevoice Translator 2.2.1 source code. Includes:
- Precompiled executable file
- Stonevoice Translator VB6 source code
- BatsParser VB6 source code
See the Stonevoice Translator Revision History for details on what has changed from previous versions.
Stonevoice Translator is based on Translator by Jernej Simoncic.
If you would like to contibute to the Stonevoice Translator development or documentation process, or if you would like to translate Stonevoice Translator itself, please write to svtrans lator at stonevoice.com.
As this page may move on the Stonevoice web site, the official link to Stonevoice Translator is: